Seeing the user’s data storage troubles, a leading Smartphone company Sony launched first pen drive, which is not just compatible with Mac and Windows but also with Smartphones and tablets. Sony is not the first company to launch such type of hybrid pen drive. Back in 2013 iBall was the first company to launch a hybrid pen drive containing all the features. The new pen drive resembles a 2 in 1 device and supports both USB 2.0 and micro USB connectors. The user can use it with laptops and computers as well as mobiles and tablets.
The company director said that new pen drive is a perfect portable storage device, in performance and features along with multi -tasking. The Sony pen drive is supportable with android ice cream Sandwich and Jelly Bean OS. “We are working to make it compatible with latest android 4.4 KitKat”, the company said.
Read : htc battery bar price in india
The company is giving 3 locking caps for this pen drive, which will protect connectors from damage and dust. The metal housing makes this pen drive much secured and durable, so that users could use it every day. The pen drive will be available with three storage options as 8GB, 16GB and 32GB capacity, respectively priced at $19.99 (Rs.1230 approx), $29.99 (Rs.1846 approx)and $62.99 (Rs.3877 approx). This pen drive consists of connectors on either sides and is accessible in three different colors that are blue, black and white. However the price range set for these pen drives are bit high but they are value for money.
Features of Sony Dual USB- Pen Drive
- The Sony Dual USB- Pen Drive comes in a elegant design consisting of dual connectors that are available in compact size for suiting with your tablets and smartphones.
- It has a cap that safeguards the micro USB port with a smart lock feature. It even supports plugging in and plugging out into/ from the computer.
- It comes with a strong metal body and strap hole.
- The dimensions of the Sony Dual USB- Pen Drive are 18.9 X 9 X 31.4mm approx and weigh about 6 grams.
- It provides you with direct access to the unmount USB storage option. You can unmount directly from the pull down menu of the File Manager without going to the Settings option.
- You can easily locate video/ audio/ photo files stored in the internal memory, USM-SA1, and micro SD card or can simply browse by the folders.
Wrap up :
This was made possible thanks to USB On-The-Go, which allows mobile devices to read data via USB. Latest Android smartphones and tablets have USB OTG and see the stick that is connected to them. This is useful for transferring data between devices and to store this information if big devices away. Another attractive aspect of Dual USB is that they are quite affordable.
For example, If we purchase high storage phone, we need to pay very much for that, but now dual USB pen drive will be useful in that case.
It can be said evolution in technology via Sony. Sony always fulfilled our requirements by launching unique and special gadgets. Dual USB pen drive will be very helpful for all tech geeks and now we all can connect our pen drive with Smartphone too as well PC.
Related Article : , samsung galaxy trend s7572 Available in US