Android Oreo 8.0 has been officially launched by Google few days back. This operating system comes with a lot of features, it has new features that help in a lot of fixes and there are some major improvements that can be seen in the operating system. As this announcement rolled out, it was later confirmed that Pixel and Nexus devices will be the first one to get the new operating system update. Not only this, the latest version of Pixel launcher has Android Oreo also with it and this can also be used by non- Google users. This has been made possible by a Reddit user AmitZ. According to him, the initial part took a lot of time and effort and their team has been working day and night to make the latest version available for non- Google users as well. The previous version did not give users the access to the Google Now Panel or the search widget of Google. It was also revealed that Google did this on purpose so as to maintain the exclusivity, but a new version was developed and was soon made available on Github.
The previous version of Pixel was launched in the month of June this year and now version 2.0 is also available for the users. The latest version comes with a number of features like that of notification dots in color, users can swipe down for the notification from any part of the screen, the users can also change the icon shapes and for that to happen they need not turn on the developer options, the users also have direct access to their calendar application by just clicking on the date widget, and many more features.
Apart from some of the features that have been mentioned above, the Android System also comes with several impressive features that are described below.
- Notification access prompts automatically so that the user does not have to do much on this.
- For the Nexus device users, Android 8 checks can be easily fixed so that it becomes really easy for them.
- When the user is returning to the home screen from any application, the keyboard will close properly.
- The hotseat is symmetrical in nature.
- Google Now launcher can be filtered now from the list of the applications.
- To overview, the user just needs to pinch.
- Backport of circle icons.
- Users can use Google wallpapers as and when they are made available to them.
- Partner customization has been disabled.
The latest version also has been built with the help of Android Open Source Project’s Launcher3. For all those users who want to get this on their device, they should make sure that they do not have launcher installed on their device. If you try doing so, you will get an error of corrupt package. This is because the same package name has been used this time as well so that the weather widget can work properly. The users cannot get it on Google playstore. If you wish to download the file, go to Github and download via APK file. Once you have downloaded the system, follow the steps given below to finish the installation process :
- Go to the Settings, then security and then to Unknown sources option. Turn on the Unknown Sources option.
- Go to the Downloads option now and select the APK file and click on install.
- The installation will begin soon.
- Once this is done, press the home button and then open the Launcher 3 application.