Much of the content that you find on websites nowadays will invariably tend to be in the form of online streaming videos. Unlike other types of content that can be saved, sent to others and viewed offline – these videos generally do not have that option, and you may even think that it isn’t possible to do so.
Fortunately in actual fact it is possible to save the videos that you come across on websites, regardless of whether they are online streaming videos or not. All you need to do is record the video from your Mac’s screen using a screen recorder such as Movavi Screen Capture for Mac (www.movavi.com/mac-video-recorder/) and then save it on your hard drive.
If you’re concerned that seems a bit complicated, rest assured that Movavi Screen Capture for Mac will make it anything but. As a screen recorder it contains all the features you need to record video footage from your screen, and it is also designed to be intuitive and user-friendly.
When you want to record a video from a website on your Mac, all you need to do are follow these steps:
- Launch Movavi Screen Capture for Mac and select ‘Record screen’ in the main menu.
- Click and drag the mouse cursor to draw a frame encompassing the website’s video, then adjust it manually so that it fits afterwards.
- Check that the ‘System Audio’ icon is highlighted in green so that the video’s audio track is recorded, or click on it once if not.
- When you are ready, press ‘REC’ to start recording after a 5 second delay and play the video at the same time.
- Once the video is done, hit ‘Stop’ to stop recording.
- If you want to trim out any unwanted parts of your video you can position the marker and use the ‘scissors’ icon to split it into segments then select the segment that you want to remove and use the ‘trash can’ icon to delete it.
- When you are satisfied, click ‘Save As’ to save the video.
Make no mistake, Movavi Screen Capture for Mac will give you full control over a range of recording parameters that you can adjust further to customize the video that you capture. It will let you set the frame rate, adjust the audio levels, and capture any keyboard and mouse actions. It even has a scheduler to automatically start and stop the recording at any time you require.
Right before you save your video you will be able to review it in Movavi Screen Capture for Mac and trim out any unwanted bits. Just position the marker and use the ‘scissors’ icon to split the video, then select and use the ‘trash bin’ to get rid of the unwanted part. When you are ready to save your video you will be able to take advantage of the built-in presets in Movavi Screen Capture for Mac that are designed to help you automatically optimize your video for various devices and platforms.
By now it should be clear that Movavi Screen Capture for Mac has everything you need to record videos off websites, and its features will make it convenient to do so. The next time you encounter a video that you’d like to watch later or share with others just give it a try for yourself.